Questions and Answers
who can come to Mary's Place by the Sea?
Reservation Guest Guidelines-Updated September 2020
- Mary’s Place by the Sea welcomes WOMEN diagnosed with any type of cancer, who are in active treatment or up to two years post-treatment.
- Mary's Place by the Sea welcomes WOMEN diagnosed with any type of cancer, who choose not to be treated, up to two years post diagnosis.
- Mary’s Place is currently accepting reservations for DAY visits.
- Mary’s Place requests that guests only travel by car or public ground transportation (omitting airplane travel at this time)
- Guests who are currently scheduled and need to cancel due to a medical conflict may reschedule a visit, even if they are no longer within the guidelines..
- Returning guests of Mary's Place, who remain in the guidelines, may return ONE TIMES PER MONTH for a DAY visit based on availability.
- Returning Guests with metastatic cancer visit may for the DAY once a month.
How long can I stay at Mary’s Place by the Sea?
Guests at Mary’s Place by the Sea are welcome to stay for a day of services or for up to two nights. Breakfast and lunch are provided. There are many local restaurants from which to choose for dinner on your own.
Am I permitted to bring a companion or pet?
Single bedroom accommodations permit one person per room. Therefore, we cannot accommodate companions. Due to the health sensitivities of our guests, pets are not allowed.
What does it cost to stay at Mary’s Place by the Sea?
All accommodations and services are free of charge. If you are inclined, our service practitioners accept tips. Donations to Mary’s Place by the Sea are welcome.
Is transportation provided or parking available?
Transportation is not provided, however, we are easily accessible by bus (Academy Bus Lines) and train (NJ Transit to Bradley Beach or Asbury Park). There are taxis available at each train station. There is on-street parking. During the summer months, parking is a challenge since Ocean Grove is a beach community. If possible, we recommend being dropped off during the summer season.
What should I bring with me for my stay at Mary's Place by the Sea?
Slippers and robe, toiletries, medications (as prescribed by your health care physician; we are not a medical facility and not responsible for dispensing medication). Please refrain from bringing perfume or alcoholic beverages.
ARE BEACH BADGES AVAILABLE DURING MY STAY?
We are able to provide beach badges to our guests on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays during the summer months.